Based in London, England
June 3, 2017 (Alpha Access); 1.0 TBC
PC, Mac, Linux
XENOMARINE is a sci-fi-horror themed roguelike in which you play a space marine exploring a dark alien-infested space station. You start out with nothing but a crowbar, a torch running low on battery and some damaged armor...and high hopes of finding some powerful alien tech! Xenomarine combines classic 'roguelike' gameplay (including procedural level generation and 'permadeath') with atmospheric visuals and an intuitive interface.
Xenomarine has been in development since early 2015. The first public release (on itch.io) was in early 2016, consisting of a basic Demo version of the first three levels. Development continued throughout 2016 with significant updates to the Demo version released every 2 months or so. This trend continued up to Demo v2.2, which was released in February 2017.
- Classic turn-based gameplay with lots of strategic depth
- Infinite, randomly generated levels (no final level)
- Atmospheric 3D lighting effects
- Unique useable items such as scanners, stimpacks and directional forcefields.
- Over 150 unique enemy types
- Over 70 learnable skill upgrades
- Crafting (craft items from scrap and upgrade weapons and armor)
- Intuitive user interface, with mouse-only and keyboard-only support
Logo & Icon
- REQUEST PRESS COPY -
Press can request an itch.io download key for Xenomarine by emailing email@example.com from their official email address.
Alternatively, the Alpha can be downloaded for free when logged in with a Press Account on itch.io.
About FourFold Games
FourFold Games is a one-man independent game studio based in London and operated by Jonah Wilberg (aka "Logophil"). Jonah's previous games include 'Hyperlines' a fast-paced puzzle game available on the App Store between 2013 and 2016.